Don’t let the criminals do THEIR shopping under YOUR tree this year.
The Holiday Season is a time when busy people can become careless and vulnerable to theft and other holiday crimes. Here are a few simple reminder tips for all of us:
· Be extra cautious about setting your security system, locking doors and windows when you leave the house, even if it is just for a few minutes.
· When leaving home for an extended time, have a neighbor or family member watch your house and pick up your newspapers and mail. And of course set your security system.
· Indoor and outdoor lights should be on an automatic timer. Leave a radio or television on so the house looks and sounds
· Large displays of holiday gifts should not be visible through the windows and doors of your home.
· When setting up a Christmas tree or other holiday display, make sure doors and passageways are clear inside your home.
· Be sure your Christmas tree is mounted on a sturdy base so children, elderly persons or family pets cannot
pull it over on themselves.
· Ensure the wiring on your Christmas tree lights is not damaged or frayed which could cause a fire.
· Place your Christmas tree in water or wet sand to keep it green. A dry Christmas tree can be a fire hazard and you should never place wrapping paper in your fireplace.
· Try not to have packages delivered to your house unless you will have someone home to sign for them. Tis the season for thieves to follow the delivery trucks to do their shopping at doorsteps.
· As you are doing your holiday shopping, do not leave anything in a car you cannot replace, shopping bags, gifts, laptops, music devices, tablets, purse, etc.
· Remember when walking out of a store or mall, keep your phone in your hand, but don’t be so enthralled in a conversation that you are not aware of your surroundings.
· Take your keys out before leaving a store so you are not fumbling trying to find them at your car. Also, keys can be used as a weapon if needed, when you place a car key between your index and middle finger.
· Do not post travel plans on social media or discuss in casual conversations with others. This makes you an easy target for burglary and posts basically that you leave your “door wide open”.
This is a great article with great tips as well. http://www.nbcnews.com/travel/burglar-targets-traveling-facebook-friends-119212
Give the Gift of an affordable Security / Automation package for the holidays. No home phone line required! Protect your family, home and property, and help a family in need as well. Action Alarm Solutions an authorized dealer and alarm.com partner in your area, and as supporting our local Food Bank is a priority during this holiday season, we are installing our Complete Wireless - Digital System
for $99.00 with a Canned Food Donation of 10 items! (Over $900.00 value) No phone line required! You can manage all of your Security System / Home Automation features through any Smart Phone or Computer in the World!
Action Alarm can help you with Appliance modules and thermostat controls that integrate with your 2gig Security System to save you money and electricity! No need to leave lights or TV’s no for long periods of time or thermostats set up high when you are not at home. You can control and monitor your security system, lighting, thermostats, etc. from anywhere in the world via your Smart Phone or computer. www.actionalarmsolutions.com 469-362-2800